Birdbrain - 2021-06-09 6:04 AM

Barryd999 - 2021-06-08 9:20 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-06-08 7:06 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-06-08 9:40 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-06-07 6:53 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-06-07 2:49 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-06-07 2:10 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-06-07 8:47 AM

Even Dim Tim Martin now realises that. The man that campaigned very publicly for a hard no deal Brexit and exit of the single market which of course ended the free movement of a lot of EU Bar staff now says he now backs a "reasonably liberal" immigration system. You couldnt make it up. I really hope he his hit hard in the wallet and I have no sympathy whatsoever for people like him.

Few Brexiteers can see his hypocrisy either. I've never been in one but apparently it's cheap prices? If so they'll have to start paying more for their pint if they want British bar staff.

I went in one a couple of years back while out Christmas shopping in Darlington and waiting for my wife. Got bored so braved the local Brexit HQ Wetherpoons. They even had Brexit beer mats! It was grim. Full of red faced angry looking blokes. I just pretended to look all grumpy and Brexity although I almost ordered a Gin and Tonic which would have been a fatal mistake. (lol)

The fella who lives on fish and chips and kebabs gets all snooty about Wetherspoon pubs ... Dear oh dear

I dont think I have had a Kebab for maybe five years and certainly not in the UK. I do like the occasional bit of Fish from our award winning chippy though.

As for you comments above re Covid, clutching at straws springs to mind. Just admit it, here we have a prime example of exactly what damage ending free movement of people has done. Why else would Dim Tim now be crying and whinging on about a "Liberal immigration policy" after he campaigned so hard for the exact opposite?

Eh ... Dont you go travelling for 6 months of the year, every year, mainly to Flamborough and when your in said Flamborough you do seem to frequent the local fish and chip shops rather a lot??? ... You seem to have some fixation with "DimTim" that successful multi-millionaire businessman for some reason

I think I did ask earlier up the thread how somebody who comes across as thick as mince has been so successful. Exploiting staff and suppliers was one suggestion.

Well lets remember according to you all Brexit voters are thick so "Dim Tim" wont escape your insults will he ... As for "Exploiting" his staff almost a third of his 40.000 staff are shareholders in his company, staff have a free meal and drink if they work more than 6 hours and his company has won the top employee award many times ... Maybe you can explain where the "Exploiting" bit comes in or is it just your usual bitterness leaking through???

It wasnt me who suggested he was exploiting workers and suppliers. Didnt he refuse to pay his staff and tell them all to go work at Tescos or something?

Can you show me where I have said "All Brexit voters are thick" please? I suspect you cant although to be fair if you were thick, chances are you voted for Brexit. (lol)

Barryd999 - 2021-06-09 10:16 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-06-09 6:04 AM

Barryd999 - 2021-06-08 9:20 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-06-08 7:06 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-06-08 9:40 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-06-07 6:53 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-06-07 2:49 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-06-07 2:10 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-06-07 8:47 AM

Even Dim Tim Martin now realises that. The man that campaigned very publicly for a hard no deal Brexit and exit of the single market which of course ended the free movement of a lot of EU Bar staff now says he now backs a "reasonably liberal" immigration system. You couldnt make it up. I really hope he his hit hard in the wallet and I have no sympathy whatsoever for people like him.

Few Brexiteers can see his hypocrisy either. I've never been in one but apparently it's cheap prices? If so they'll have to start paying more for their pint if they want British bar staff.

I went in one a couple of years back while out Christmas shopping in Darlington and waiting for my wife. Got bored so braved the local Brexit HQ Wetherpoons. They even had Brexit beer mats! It was grim. Full of red faced angry looking blokes. I just pretended to look all grumpy and Brexity although I almost ordered a Gin and Tonic which would have been a fatal mistake. (lol)

The fella who lives on fish and chips and kebabs gets all snooty about Wetherspoon pubs ... Dear oh dear

I dont think I have had a Kebab for maybe five years and certainly not in the UK. I do like the occasional bit of Fish from our award winning chippy though.

As for you comments above re Covid, clutching at straws springs to mind. Just admit it, here we have a prime example of exactly what damage ending free movement of people has done. Why else would Dim Tim now be crying and whinging on about a "Liberal immigration policy" after he campaigned so hard for the exact opposite?

Eh ... Dont you go travelling for 6 months of the year, every year, mainly to Flamborough and when your in said Flamborough you do seem to frequent the local fish and chip shops rather a lot??? ... You seem to have some fixation with "DimTim" that successful multi-millionaire businessman for some reason

I think I did ask earlier up the thread how somebody who comes across as thick as mince has been so successful. Exploiting staff and suppliers was one suggestion.

Well lets remember according to you all Brexit voters are thick so "Dim Tim" wont escape your insults will he ... As for "Exploiting" his staff almost a third of his 40.000 staff are shareholders in his company, staff have a free meal and drink if they work more than 6 hours and his company has won the top employee award many times ... Maybe you can explain where the "Exploiting" bit comes in or is it just your usual bitterness leaking through???

It wasnt me who suggested he was exploiting workers and suppliers. Didnt he refuse to pay his staff and tell them all to go work at Tescos or something?

Can you show me where I have said "All Brexit voters are thick" please? I suspect you cant although to be fair if you were thick, chances are you voted for Brexit. (lol)

Matters not wether it was you who originally posted up the exploitation hate, you agree otherwise you wouldnt have repeated it

Missus is out for lunch tomorrow so can update with regards to if "every one of them" waiters have left the UK and wether her and her friends will go thirsty or not, given theres "no-one to pull your great British pint" ... The OP did warn us

Bulletguy - 2021-06-14 7:22 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-06-14 7:14 PM

Quick update on the OPs original claim ... Missus went out for lunch and had no issues ... Again

Prove it.

That comes across as very angry ... Do you have a mobile number she can ring and discuss with you, maybe she can during the conversation give you the number of the pub she visited for you to ring and discuss with them any staffing issues ... If the weather is fine Sunday we are back at the lakes with the kayak so we will be having a meal later in Penrith which I will comment on in your hate thread, would you like the number of the pub??? ... Regards

Birdbrain - 2021-06-14 7:39 PM

Quick update on the OPs original claim ... Missus went out for lunch and had no issues ... Again

Prove it.

That comes across as very angry ... Do you have a mobile number.......

No I expect proof but you don't have any do you? You're just making it up.

Bulletguy - 2021-06-14 8:05 PM

Prove it.

Mmm ... I have just explained to you how we can go about that but you dont like it ... Tell you what, give me your mobile number which I unlike you will promise not to disclose your personal details on here and come Sunday I can FaceTime you in the pub we eat in and you will see for yourself just how difficult it is to get served that great British pint ... Couldn't be easier ... Is that a deal yes or no, quite simple and then you can post up the video on here

Birdbrain - 2021-06-14 8:15 PM

Prove it.

Mmm ... I have just explained to you how we can go about that but you dont like it ...

You don't need anyones phone number to post video evidence of lots of bar staff all lined up ready and waiting as your wife walks in. You can post it on any sm platform.

Bulletguy - 2021-06-14 8:52 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-06-14 8:15 PM

Prove it.

Mmm ... I have just explained to you how we can go about that but you dont like it ...

You don't need anyones phone number to post video evidence of lots of bar staff all lined up ready and waiting as your wife walks in. You can post it on any sm platform.

Theres only you asking for evidence princess and I dont know how to post videos up off my phone so stop stalling ... Your squirming and its an uncomfortable sight and I like how youve gone all Hollywood all of a sudden with "lots of bar staff lined up ready", chuckle rather than just the normal bar staff ... Mobile number please

We already have the evidence from 67% of Cumbrian business owners. Perhaps some might be disgruntled Remainers eh? Although five out of six regions in Cumbria voted to leave amazingly. However because Mr Birdbrain and his family managed to get a burger and a pint of Sheeps Droppings Ale from a town on the outskirts of the lake district they must be making it all up then. *-)

We already have the evidence from 67% of Cumbrian business owners. Perhaps some might be disgruntled Remainers eh? Although five out of six regions in Cumbria voted to leave amazingly. However because Mr Birdbrain and his family managed to get a burger and a pint of Sheeps Droppings Ale from a town on the outskirts of the lake district they must be making it all up then. *-)

Birdbrain - 2021-06-15 5:55 AM

Theres only you asking for evidence princess and I dont know how to post videos up off my phone so stop stalling ... Your squirming and its an uncomfortable sight and I like how youve gone all Hollywood all of a sudden with "lots of bar staff lined up ready", chuckle rather than just the normal bar staff ... Mobile number please

Listen up puffball......you're well capable of trawling Twitter for far right extremist bile you've posted in the past so don't give me that nonsense. You're always demanding "proof" from other fm's for everything but the minute the boots on the other foot you're crying every excuse in the book.

Barryd999 - 2021-06-15 7:56 AM

Mmmm ... I had a diet coke actually so as usual your wrong ... I have posted up the other places I have been served food and drinks with no issue since the lifting of lockdown princess, not just Penrith... I was initially responding to the OPs original hate posting where he claimed all the waiters have gone and theres no one to pull that great British pint, I have shown in my experience that simply is not true and you and him dont like it ... Thats for you and him, given time to get over ... Hate on

Bulletguy - 2021-06-15 2:22 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-06-15 5:55 AM

Listen up puffball......you're well capable of trawling Twitter for far right extremist bile you've posted in the past so don't give me that nonsense. You're always demanding "proof" from other fm's for everything but the minute the boots on the other foot you're crying every excuse in the book.

Dont know why or what all that nasty stuff is about but I take it you aren't going to give me your mobile number so I cant send you my videos of me getting served in a pub with no issue??? ... You are a strange fella/woman

Birdbrain - 2021-06-15 7:15 PM

Mmmm ... I had a diet coke actually so as usual your wrong ... I have posted up the other places I have been served food and drinks with no issue since the lifting of lockdown princess, not just Penrith... I was initially responding to the OPs original hate posting where he claimed all the waiters have gone and theres no one to pull that great British pint, I have shown in my experience that simply is not true and you and him dont like it ... Thats for you and him, given time to get over ... Hate on

Its not that I dont like it, that would be absurd. Its just that your handful of experiences in certain towns does not disprove the claim from thousands (over two thirds) of business owners in Cumbria that there is a huge problem.

Not just waiters and bar staff it seems

What are Indian builders like? Seeing as Johnson allowed the Indian Variant into the UK in a desperate attempt to appease Modi for a trade deal perhaps free movement will be on the cards with India!

https://www.ft.com/content/6ddd9b7e-781c-477e-87b2-d4fd283362da?fbclid=IwAR1Mk0UKwxsrkv9zJRDgRoZWlMg06pQFHqmLpGpXjzTxNRpNAv-q-dtcsFQ

Barryd999 - 2021-06-16 11:51 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-06-15 7:15 PM

Its not that I dont like it, that would be absurd. Its just that your handful of experiences in certain towns does not disprove the claim from thousands (over two thirds) of business owners in Cumbria that there is a huge problem.

I haven't ever said there wasn't an issue, I actually posted up other European countries are having issues but you chose to ignore it ... What I have challenged is the Hollywood claim from your organ grindr, the Hollywood claim that said "Where have all the waiters gone?", well I have shown that in my experience with food and drink all those waiters havent gone and I have shown that in my experience I can still get a pint even though your organ grindr claims "theres no one to pull your great British pint" ... You and him/her dont like that I challenge the claim, your problem not mine

CurtainRaiser - 2021-06-18 6:07 PM

I bet this link will have Tweetiepie screaming how he saw a lorry only yesterday so this is all rubbish.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9682931/Lorry-driver-shortage-Brexit-Covid-sparks-calls-military-standby.html

Chuckle ... You telling me I will find a Daily Mail link "all rubbish" and you dont??? ... Chuckle ... Hypocrisy lives ... I will be out kayaking at Penrith tomorrow so will with the family be eating out later so I can update on the OPs wild, Hollywood claim ... Hate on

Birdbrain - 2021-06-18 7:05 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-06-18 6:07 PM

I bet this link will have Tweetiepie screaming how he saw a lorry only yesterday so this is all rubbish.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9682931/Lorry-driver-shortage-Brexit-Covid-sparks-calls-military-standby.html

Chuckle ... You telling me I will find a Daily Mail link "all rubbish" and you dont??? ... Chuckle ... Hypocrisy lives ... I will be out kayaking at Penrith tomorrow so will with the family be eating out later so I can update on the OPs wild, Hollywood claim ... Hate on

Where in Penrith are you paddling?

UPDATE ... Great day ended with a lovely meal at a nice pizza/pasta spot in Penrith ... Waitress saw us straight in and managed to order us some drinks ... Lovely meal, plenty of staff and no issues at all ... Once again I see nothing to back up the OPs wild Hollywood claim that all the waiters have gone and theres no one to pull that great British pint ... Stuff of fantasy

CurtainRaiser - 2021-06-21 12:48 AM

Had a surprise Fathers Day meal out yesterday n'all which was lovely ... Cant say I noticed any difference in service in the place we ate than the last time I went there ... Seemed to be plenty of "waiters" and plenty of those great British pints being served ... In my experience of eating and drinking out since lockdown restrictions were lifted I havent seen or had a single issue so I can only conclude the OPs very Hollywood claim is hot air as usual ... Will report further

Archived