Where have all the waiters gone?

Bulletguy

pelmetman - 2021-07-21 10:20 PM

colin - 2021-07-21 10:13 PM

Since posting that I've had an email from our local council, garden waste collection across half the council area has been suspended, in part due to cv-19, but also due to a shortage of trained drivers, that was never a problem prior to Brexit when many of them where from eastern Europe.

Makes one wonder what the extra million that have registered to stay in the UK are doing for a living? :-| ..............

Maybe they just like claiming benefits? ;-) .........

Unlike your goodself Parasiteman, they put in more than they take out.

http://eu-rope.ideasoneurope.eu/2017/10/30/eu-migrants-give-take/

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-07-21 10:32 PM

Since posting that I've had an email from our local council, garden waste collection across half the council area has been suspended, in part due to cv-19, but also due to a shortage of trained drivers, that was never a problem prior to Brexit when many of them where from eastern Europe.

Makes one wonder what the extra million that have registered to stay in the UK are doing for a living? :-| ..............

So says the bloke who Sponged 4.1 million 25 YEARS AGO to create just 50 jobs 8-) ........

I wonder what 4.1 million is worth in todays money? ;-) ..........

10 million.....20 million?...........Any Dumbnuts should be able to create more than JUST 50 jobs with that kinda money *-) ...........

P1010899.JPG.63eac2f2e0b18e52502d146bd74eaa0c.JPG

pelmetman - 2021-07-21 10:40 PM

So says the bloke who Sponged 4.1 million 25 YEARS AGO to create just 50 jobs 8-) ........

10 million.....20 million?...........Any Dumbnuts should be able to create more than JUST 50 jobs with that kinda money *-) ...........

We all know that you are as thick as the proverbial, but I've told you before I'll tell you again, as well as creating 50 direct jobs it also funded the regeneration of a industrial wasteland in to a community resource.

Whereas you just stole money off tax payers, some of whom would have been EU immigrants who were contributing more than you tax avoiding benefits scum.

A quick look at a Bedfordshire rag mentions nothing about Brexit being the problem ... https://www.leightonbuzzardonline.co.uk/news/politics/garden-waste-collections-in-leighton-buzzard-and-dunstable-area-temporarily-suspended-3317473 ... I do recall a shortage of plumbers a few years ago nationally, wonder now if that was due to Brexit ... A few old links explains European trucker shortages https://www.espaceglobalfreight.com/european-truck-driver-shortage/ ... https://www.bifa.org/news/articles/2018/dec/truck-driver-shortage-crisis-now-spreading-across-the-whole-of-europe ... Brexit is obviously the cause for Europes shortage of drivers n'all I guess

Maybe theres some truck drivers in with these very important doctors and scientists that landed https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9810515/Around-100-migrants-including-five-children-arrive-UK.html ... When I look at all those children mixed in with just a few young males that are arriving it makes me wish some of our very own squad would act rather than preach ... Barry who's currently enjoying an extended Flamborough break in his motor could have given one of those youngsters a lovely holiday, but hey-ho its not to be they'll just end up miles away from him and the other preachy types in some other grotty town and city ... What a shame, poor liccle darlings

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-07-21 11:59 PM

We all know that you are as thick as the proverbial, but I've told you before I'll tell you again, as well as creating 50 direct jobs it also funded the regeneration of a industrial wasteland in to a community resource.

Whereas you just stole money off tax payers, some of whom would have been EU immigrants who were contributing more than you tax avoiding benefits scum.

Aaaah yes the famous "regeneration" that you "claim" to have done.......Yet FAIL to provide any evidence of??? >:-) ...........

BTW the 1500 quid I got equates to a month and half income tax that I was paying before I semi retired ;-) ............

Have you paid 4.1 million in income tax?..............

It's becoming clear who is the real forum PARASITE :D ............

Curtain Twitcher........The NASTY MONEY GRABBING LEFTY (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

pelmetman - 2021-07-22 7:42 AM

Aaaah yes the famous "regeneration" that you "claim" to have done.......Yet FAIL to provide any evidence of??? >:-) ...........

BTW the 1500 quid I got equates to a month and half income tax that I was paying before I semi retired ;-) ............

Curtain Twitcher........The NASTY MONEY GRABBING LEFTY (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

You are forgetting that you have bragged elsewhere about how you structured your business to pay minimum taxes. Try to keep up with your lies.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-07-22 7:53 AM

You are forgetting that you have bragged elsewhere about how you structured your business to pay minimum taxes. Try to keep up with your lies.

You are forgetting ;-) ..............I'm still a NET contributor to the taxpayer........Where as YOU are a NET SPONGER off the taxpayer >:-) ...........

BTW who owns that wonderful bit of regenerated waste land?............The taxpayer who PAID for it.....or YOU??? :D ..........

Just askin (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

pelmetman - 2021-07-22 8:03 AM

You are forgetting ;-) ..............I'm still a NET contributor to the taxpayer........Where as YOU are a NET SPONGER off the taxpayer >:-) ...........

BTW who owns that wonderful bit of regenerated waste land?............The taxpayer who PAID for it.....or YOU??? :D ..........

You are forgetting, I put it down to you being so thick due to your lack of education, that I have already demonstrated to you that the level of public investment has been well and truly repaid. Its strange but I don't remember you objecting to the funding for Nissan.

And no I don't own the freehold of the regenerated waste land, apart from the piece already owned by the company. The majority of the site remains in public ownership with public access to large tracts of it. That's how regeneration works.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-07-22 8:30 AM

pelmetman - 2021-07-22 8:03 AM

You are forgetting, I put it down to you being so thick due to your lack of education, that I have already demonstrated to you that the level of public investment has been well and truly repaid. Its strange but I don't remember you objecting to the funding for Nissan.

And no I don't own the freehold of the regenerated waste land, apart from the piece already owned by the company. The majority of the site remains in public ownership with public access to large tracts of it. That's how regeneration works.

YOU claim that its been repaid ;-) ..............without providing any evidence..........Just as YOU claim to have regenerated some waste land.........without providing any evidence :D ...............

So how about providing some? >:-) ................

You never did say what those 50 jobs YOU created are?..........were they quality jobs like Nissans (?) .............

Plus how much of the 4.1 million was spent on the piece already owned by YOUR company? :-| ...........

Hope you dont mind this NET taxpayer asking where and how his tax is spent? (lol) (lol) (lol) ...............

Birdbrain - 2021-07-22 6:56 AM

Maybe theres some truck drivers in with these very important doctors and scientists that landed https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9810515/Around-100-migrants-including-five-children-arrive-UK.html ... When I look at all those children mixed in with just a few young males that are arriving it makes me wish some of our very own squad would act rather than preach ... Barry who's currently enjoying an extended Flamborough break in his motor could have given one of those youngsters a lovely holiday, but hey-ho its not to be they'll just end up miles away from him and the other preachy types in some other grotty town and city ... What a shame, poor liccle darlings

Well I for one think it's an absolute disgrace that this government can't sort out this problem. Pratti thinks paying the French millions of pounds will do the trick, although the police there say they still can't stop it even with this money.

Birdbrain - 2021-07-22 6:20 AM

A quick look at a Bedfordshire rag mentions nothing about Brexit being the problem ... https://www.leightonbuzzardonline.co.uk/news/politics/garden-waste-collections-in-leighton-buzzard-and-dunstable-area-temporarily-suspended-3317473 ... I do recall a shortage of plumbers a few years ago nationally, wonder now if that was due to Brexit ... A few old links explains European trucker shortages https://www.espaceglobalfreight.com/european-truck-driver-shortage/ ... https://www.bifa.org/news/articles/2018/dec/truck-driver-shortage-crisis-now-spreading-across-the-whole-of-europe ... Brexit is obviously the cause for Europes shortage of drivers n'all I guess

From the rag you have posted a link.

"national shortage of qualified large vehicle drivers"

Last year 15,000 EU drivers left the UK due to Brexit.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-07-22 9:55 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-07-22 6:20 AM

From the rag you have posted a link.

"national shortage of qualified large vehicle drivers"

Last year 15,000 EU drivers left the UK due to Brexit.

I thought the current driver shortage was due to COVID? :-S .............

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-07-22 9:52 AM

Well I for one think it's an absolute disgrace that this government can't sort out this problem. Pratti thinks paying the French millions of pounds will do the trick, although the police there say they still can't stop it even with this money.

I'd rather the millions be spent on putting them straight on to a ferry straight back to France..........But unfortunately "This Government" has to follow stupid Loony Liberal Lefty human rights laws *-) ..........

LOL! Funny how it all seemed to get a lot worse after Brexit eh? (lol)

I bet the French are pissing themselves and those extra Gendarmes will be pushing those dinghies out to sea I bet.

Maybe they realised that post Brexit the UK cant send them back to France since we lost the Dublin Agreement. Poor old Kent. Turned into the Lorry park of the UK and the garden of Piss and now is flooded with Migrants. Doesnt Nigel Farage live there? (lol)

As for the lack of hospitality staff, clearly all those thousands of business owners across the UK from the Lake District to Norfolk are making it up because one of our members managed to get served a burger and chips in Penrith and a pint of warm sheep shaggers Ale in Norwich.

Barryd999 - 2021-07-22 10:09 AM

I bet the French are pissing themselves and those extra Gendarmes will be pushing those dinghies out to sea I bet.

But at least we can claim we have " taken back control "

It was US that decided to give the French Government one million pounds a day - NOT the EU.

;-)

p.s. Same applies to the 20 million we gave them in November.

So, clearly, no-one is telling US what to do !

pelmetman - 2021-07-22 10:04 AM

cv-19 has exacerbated a problem caused by the reduced drivers due to Brexit, before the current 'ping crisis' the haulage industry had problems due to the lack of drivers.

colin - 2021-07-22 10:54 AM

cv-19 has exacerbated a problem caused by the reduced drivers due to Brexit, before the current 'ping crisis' the haulage industry had problems due to the lack of drivers.

"The UK media are blaming the Covid app for supply chain failures in some of our supermarkets.

Yet EU countries - who are also in the midst of the pandemic - are NOT suffering the same supply chain issues.

The British Media are blaming a “pingdemic” ?? for staff shortages, that THEY say are causing the empty supermarket shelves in some areas.

It’s almost as if scrapping Covid restrictions while infection rates were rising, has led to more people being in contact with infected people! Who would have guessed?! Clearly not the British Media.

However, increased infection rates have only led to 620,000 people being ‘pinged’ by the app (which is just working as it is supposed to). Many of those pinged are NHS staff, school children and school staff. This cannot have led to the supply chain issues we are seeing - especially when many supermarket staff are reporting that their bosses are calling on them to ignore the app and keep their phones in their lockers - which would prevent the app from detecting whether they had been in close contact with infected people at work.

Could the supply chain issues, (that only Britain is experiencing) be instead down to, say, lack of lorry drivers as a result of Brexit permits and paperwork causing stock to be stuck in central depots in Europe?

Why aren’t any UK journalists looking into that possibility do you think?"

CurtainRaiser - 2021-07-22 12:54 PM

"The UK media are blaming the Covid app for supply chain failures in some of our supermarkets.

Yet EU countries - who are also in the midst of the pandemic - are NOT suffering the same supply chain issues.

"

The country is being run by a computer programme on a phone.

Probably a programme that was written in haste.

What could possibly go wrong.

*-)

Guest pelmetman

As I understand it the industry has lost 60,000 jobs.......So as just 15,000 were EU drivers :-| ..........

That indicates to me they've found better paid jobs elsewhere ;-) ...........

Fortunately it looks like BREXIT will force the industry to increase wages B-) ..........

So yet another BREXIT Bonus for the British worker :-D ...........

No dont thank me (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Thats correct and it has been widely reported in the media, neither of the toxic twins want to hear that though and remain in permanent denial despite the overwhelming evidence.

There is also another fact which the FT cover very well explaining how government have effectively shot themselves in the foot by prioritising high skilled immigration making recruitment of European HGV drivers legally impossible as they don't qualify for a skilled worker visa. As with everything else they do, the circus of clowns in Downing street never thought this through properly and this is the result.

James Firth, head of road freight regulatory policy at Logistics UK, which represents freight owners including supermarkets estimates a shortage of 90,000 HGV drivers including an estimate 25,000 EU truckers who have gone home following Brexit.

Tom Cornwell, from the Road Haulage Association, says the driver shortage is "going to be dire". He says there is an issue with recruitment, with many European drivers having "gone back home" due to Brexit."

And from the FT;

An exodus of EU lorry drivers from the UK since Brexit has left the British haulage and logistics industry facing an acute staff shortage and a looming crisis for industrial and retail deliveries, the sector has warned.

While the sector has endured chronic driver shortages in recent decades, these have become acute thanks to a “triple whammy” of Brexit ending recruitment from the EU, a backlog of driving tests caused by Covid-19 and self-employment tax reforms that have exacerbated the outflow of EU drivers.

Paul Day, the managing director of Turners Soham Ltd, a major trucking company with 2,300 lorries in Cambridgeshire whose driver workforce is made up of approximately 40 per cent eastern Europeans, said cracks were already starting to show.

“Within three months, goods won’t get delivered. In fact, it’s already happening, there are already loads that are not being covered now,” he said,

The driver shortage is an early test of the government post-Brexit immigration policies which prioritise high-skilled immigration and make it legally impossible to recruit foreign HGV drivers, an occupation that is not deemed sufficiently skilled to be eligible for the skilled worker visa. 

https://www.ft.com/content/4d6b3be1-627e-4784-afc5-91da326cabdc

Maybe they realised that post Brexit the UK cant send them back to France since we lost the Dublin Agreement. Poor old Kent. Turned into the Lorry park of the UK and the garden of Piss and now is flooded with Migrants. Doesnt Nigel Farage live there? (lol)

As for the lack of hospitality staff, clearly all those thousands of business owners across the UK from the Lake District to Norfolk are making it up because one of our members managed to get served a burger and chips in Penrith and a pint of warm sheep shaggers Ale in Norwich.

I bet those Gendarmes are "pi$$ing themselves" ... Win-win for them ... See those that they dont want but you do, just not in your village out to sea and then they dont have to deal with the crime in France they commit and the unrest amongst the French they cause ... I'd do the same ... As for burgers and chips thats not my thing or real ale and I aint never been to Norwich so you score nil points for accuracy yet again ... Ive never said there isnt a lack of hospitality staff princess, its obvious there is in certain areas just like in France and Germany but I dont blindly blame one reason for that and I dont claim all the waiters have gone back to the EU or theres no-one left to pull that great British pint ... You carry on being your organ Grindr's monkey, your good at that

Birdbrain - 2021-07-22 2:54 PM

I bet those Gendarmes are "pi$$ing themselves" ... Win-win for them ... See those that they dont want but you do, just not in your village out to sea and then they dont have to deal with the crime in France they commit and the unrest amongst the French they cause ... I'd do the same ... As for burgers and chips thats not my thing or real ale and I aint never been to Norwich so you score nil points for accuracy yet again ... Ive never said there isnt a lack of hospitality staff princess, its obvious there is in certain areas just like in France and Germany but I dont blindly blame one reason for that and I dont claim all the waiters have gone back to the EU or theres no-one left to pull that great British pint ... You carry on being your organ Grindr's monkey, your good at that

Ooooooh calm down dear! Your getting your panties in a twist again. (lol)

Yes as I explained to you a while back, France and Germany also have staffing problems because during the pandemic many found better jobs which probably also applies here but its worse here mainly because of Brexit because the EU is where most of the workers from the heavily effected areas came from.

I dont really want economic migrants coming here as you know (I am fine with genuine asylum seekers) but I just find it somewhat amusing that somehow yet again Brexiteers assumed that their batty Brexit would resolve all that, it hasnt, its made it worse. Told yah it would.

malc d - 2021-07-22 1:01 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-07-22 12:54 PM

"

The country is being run by a computer programme on a phone.

Probably a programme that was written in haste.

What could possibly go wrong.

*-)

I wonder if they have checked to see if a foreign country has hijacked the ping system, and is sending everyone home to screw up our economy ?

:-|

Barryd999 - 2021-07-22 5:33 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-07-22 2:54 PM

Ooooooh calm down dear! Your getting your panties in a twist again. (lol)

Yes as I explained to you a while back, France and Germany also have staffing problems because during the pandemic many found better jobs which probably also applies here but its worse here mainly because of Brexit because the EU is where most of the workers from the heavily effected areas came from.

I dont really want economic migrants coming here as you know (I am fine with genuine asylum seekers) but I just find it somewhat amusing that somehow yet again Brexiteers assumed that their batty Brexit would resolve all that, it hasnt, its made it worse. Told yah it would.

Chuckle ... "Oooooooh calm down dear! Your getting your panties in a twist again" ... Chuckle, your the one getting sweaty and using foul language princess ... I know you kindly explained about France and Germany and its really good of you to do that as your normally so bang on with your explanations ... It seems that explanation only "probably" accounts for a liccle of the staffing shortages here though and "mainly" staff shortages here in your view are down to Brexit so can you post sumat that proves that??? ... Your other guff about not wanting refugees is utter guff, youve fought for them to be here, "we should do more, just not in my village" kinda thing I seem to remember ... Hate away

Archived