2008 Fiat Ducato - separate fuses for indicators?

johnlc

The offside rear indicator on my 2008 Ducato isn't working. I have replaced the bulb and it still doesn't work.

The van manual only indicates a fuse each for the brakelights and reversing light. Then also one for the sidelights. But the brake light and side light are working.

Does anyone know if there is a separate fuse for the indicators, and if so, which one it is and the amp value.

I haven't tried looking up a wiring diagram as it would mean nothing to me.

Thanks in anticipation of any help.

Ray

Thanks for that. I'm not sure I understand what that means but I have an electrician coming to look at it tomorrow.

I can't get an auto electrician round here for 6 weeks!

Are pozi fuses different to the ones in the fuse boxes described in the handbook?

If the fault is cleared will anything need to be done to reset things or will it occur automatically?

Sorry for my uninformed questions - I have no electrical knowledge but am having to try and get this sorted

given the long delay time to see an auto electrician.

Thanks for your help

John

Yes - the front indicator is working on the same side of the van.

I have removed the bulb holder plate and cleaned it, put electra clean spray on it, and done the same with the bulbs.

The bulbs seem to seat properly and I have tried three.

I'm at the limit of my capabilities now, so I'm hoping the electrician will be able to test the circuit and advise (and hopefully fix the problem!)

But any further suggestions appreciated

6 hours ago, rayc said:

The indicator functions are carried out by the Body Control Module. It contains pozi fuses on each supply which of triggered are reset when the fault is removed

Just for the record, I think Ray was having a senior moment (don't we all) as he knows he meant polyfuses.

As detailed, these are in-line electronic components that function as a self-resetting fuse, and a such won't be mounted in a fuse-box unlike conventional fuses.

On early Ducato  the negative connector on the rear lamp assembly was undersized  for the current flow. The negative current for the rear light, brake light, indicator , high intensity  and reverse light  all passed through  this single connector. Overtime it overheated  and lost its 'spring' making the contact even worse. 

Repair looms are available on ebay or a workaround is to fix a cable to the bulb holder common negative track and wire this to the earth stud  In  the rear pillar.

Mike

Thanks for the update MikeF , undersized connections and conductors is becoming a problem with quite a few DC automotive connections and looms especially when made cheaply with poor QC

Also the least bit of condensation and it fails 

Regards  

Archived