Gas attacks

Brian Kirby

Interestingly in the current MMM there is a letter from an Anethatist, regarding gas attacks. As the Very first input on this threads was from Brian re a contact with the Royal College of Anethatists, also I reported what an anethatist told me it is virtualy impossible to knock someone out with these Gas's due to the fact that they are heavier than air so therefore drop to the lowest level, which in a M/home means outside through the drop vents. The problem with trying to knock someone out with these gas's is keeping them alive whilst under the said gas. HAVE THER BEEN ANY REPORTED MYSTERIOUS DEATHS IN M/HOMES!

I like Brian would like to know what enforcement agencies are agreeing to this so that I can check it out with people I know in the Police Force. Perhaps Michele can throw light on this aspect seeing her Husband is in the Met..

David

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok hubby said he will make enquires . He said he has not got a clue no idea but he will make some enquires to see (A) whether there are any reports to the Met in General and (B) the general circumstances of this type of crime.

In addition there must be someone he can e mail that might have a professional knowledge or interest on this subject. He will start tomorrow as he is on in the morning

Will that do!?

Everytime we go on a trip hubby checks that we just have 4 wheels on each corner that about sums him up.

Me my question is have we got something big enough to hit people with!

Just go's to show how security concious we are but having typed that we must have security in the back of our minds as we always watch who comes and goes you never know!

Will get back to you ;-)

I think I have an illuminating revelation.

After careful research, and the use of standard statistical modelling techniques, I can reveal that there is a significant positive correlation between reported stupefying gas attacks and the sighting of UFOs. The research stops short of factual revelation only because there has never been a reliable corroborative witness to either occurrence.

I hypothesise that extra terrestrial entities are using a gaseous compound unknown to humankind in the quest to steal our personal travelling effects, but oddly not the far more valuable means of transport that contain them. I throw open the work to be furthered by any competent scientist.

One further anomaly that will need to be addressed is why the foo-fighters are only targeting mobile victims with relatively few possessions (which I observe are reportedly inversely proportional to the integrity of the victims) and not the far more lucrative target of householders who, in the benign summer climates of France and Spain, presumably often sleep with their windows open.

A prospectus for proposed further research is available at www.stopthisnonsense.com

As an ex police officer of 30 yrs service (retired a couple of years ago) certainly where I worked the answer is no never heard of any sus deaths in this way or any attacks like this in my area (hants). Abroad I dont know however I am of the opinion that people's perception of crime usually out weighs reality,I also subscibe to MMM and have read some letters from people that have been subjected to this type of thing, HOWEVER,MMM will publish these letters as it is unusal? would they publish a letter from somebody who went on holiday and ....... nothing happened??? which I am sure is the vast majority of campers

And what do you all think of page 15 MMM julys ?

very informative and nicely written ...Hubby did try to do a search for the MET it crashed didn't want to know ? So is trying again ..here's hoping something pop's up lets see what people say re narcotics & Gas ...

Ok I got it wrong sorry hubby did not do a search he is not allowed to do it.

However he did make enquiries and it go's as follows.

It would appear that the Met is not a prime candidate for this type of offence due to its location ,it is more likely to be recorded by the county forces if at all.

So I,m with the myths section

Just to add to the 'official' perspective, I served with the West Yorkshire Police for 16yrs and dealt with a few thefts from large goods vehicles. Many drivers overnight near the many industrial estates and trunk roads we have up here. Most thefts were accomplished using stealth; some were genuine robberies using violence in order to steal. I never encountered any suggestion from any drivers that any noxious agent was ever a factor. Neither have I never heard of such a suggestion from any of my former colleagues.

Similarly, I dealt with many people who intentionally inhaled all sorts of noxious substances to get a cheap ‘hit’. They would have to directly inhale huge amounts of glue/gas/whatever to get high. I never personally came across any of these users unconscious, just high and irascible, or dead.

Mike Parke - 2007-06-23 11:08 PM I know that this subject has been 'done to death' on many a time but I saw the following statement in the March 2007 edition of 'Truck & Driver' recently & thought it many be worth presenting. The article was a good page in lenght but the 'nitti-gritti' I have quoted verbatim. 'The reported use of gas has now been confirmed by several combined law enforcement agencies including those of ,France, U.K., Italy, Spain & Belgium. There is still a high level of threat in France near to the Channel Ports. The threat is slightly different with drivers themselves more likely to be targetted than their loads. A recent study by the International Road Transport Union saw one in six of all European Freight drivers have suffered an attack over the last 5 years. 32% of drivers reported use of gas in the attack, about 1 in 3.' I am very sceptical personally, regarding gas attack on m'homers although Cherry & I were broken into whilst parked up and asleep on an M.S.A. near Nancy several years ago. There was no evidence of gas being used as Cherry woke up during the theft but wisely feigned sleep! We still overnight on M.S.A.s en route to our destination as the chances of being hit twice we feel are pretty slim, (always the optimist!!) Happy touring (and a good nights sleep!), Regards Mike.

An update, as I have now read the full article.  Having done this, I remain unconvinced.  It is difficult to be more specific on a public forum, as the driver concerned is named in the article, and for all I know may be a contributor to this forum.  However, there are a number of features of the story that somehow just don't seem to gel, and I got more the impression of an overelaborated excuse for something embarrasing, than of a straight and reliable recounting of all of the facts.  Whether this reflects the driver's original account, or the way it has been written up, it is impossible to say.

:-D Just returned from trip to Poland and Czech Republic-highly recommended especially with BP Ultimate Diesel at 58 pence a litre in Poland!

Now to gassing met a guy who said he knows it to be true because a French tyre fitter told him the previous week 10! motorhomes had been done at an aire with 3 truck drivers dieing!!!!! Believes the problem is being kept quet to stop peole avoiding France for vacations.

Strange isn't that it is always someone told someone else-lot of old tosh if if you tell me.

Camped on aires in Poland Czech Germany France and we were only ones there fantastic time for 6 weeks. Try it. ;-)

I cannot believe this thread is still running so strongly, if all of the hearsay and rumour posts were deleted this topic would fit onto a single page

Syd - 2007-07-09 11:37 PM I cannot believe this thread is still running so strongly, if all of the hearsay and rumour posts were deleted this topic would fit onto a single page

You're exaggerating Syd: if they were all removed it wouldn't exist at all!  :-)

Well as yet still nobody has come up with hard medical evidence that they were gassed. Nobody has been examined after a supposed attack by the medical profession and I haven't heard one single report that gave any reason to suspect gas had been used other than the poor victim just can't believe they were robbed by any other means.

Until someone comes up with irrefutable, medically supported evidence of gas, or any other narcotic being used in this way I will not believe it has happened.

D.

Passionwagon.

If 3 people had really been killed, does anyone believe it would not have been in the papers?

However, I HAVE THE SOLUTION!! It's obvious really!

Robbers have been putting contaminants into the fresh water tank (they don't need many keys to cover all the tank locks) so that, when you have a drink, cuppa, whatever, you fall into a deep, deep sleep that night. The robber then returns 2 or 3 hours later. Obviously a few motorhomes will have left by then, but the team will get rich pickings from the rest.

So what we need is an alarm fitted to the feed from the tank to detect such polutants before we drink the water. Unlike the gas story, it is perfectly possible to add enough polutant to the fresh water to cause the desired effect.

And it would also give you a headache the next morning.

Fits, doesn't it?

Mel E

====

Mel E - 2007-07-16 3:13 PM Robbers have been putting contaminants into the fresh water tank (they don't need many keys to cover all the tank locks) so that, when you have a drink, cuppa, whatever, you fall into a deep, deep sleep that night. Fits, doesn't it?

B-) Even though we have always had an on-board tank in all our Motorhomes/RV's. We have NEVER used the water from them for anything other than washing/showering. We have always got drinking/cooking water in bottles. (lol)

I am baffled as to why this bit of thievery lore hasn't crossed the Atlantic.

I first heard of this from a German couple RVing in Mexico a few years ago. You would think that some enterprising thief or other would have caught on & started up the enterprise in Canada & the USA. Just to be sure I hadn't missed anything, I searched RV.net for any discusion of this - nada - nothing about robbery & gas, except for pump prices!

• 3 weeks later...
Avignon - 2007-07-16 11:14 PM

I am baffled as to why this bit of thievery lore hasn't crossed the Atlantic.

I first heard of this from a German couple RVing in Mexico a few years ago. You would think that some enterprising thief or other would have caught on & started up the enterprise in Canada & the USA. Just to be sure I hadn't missed anything, I searched RV.net for any discusion of this - nada - nothing about robbery & gas, except for pump prices!

they carry guns though and have the right to use them.

pete

Going back to France/Spain in the very near future and intend staying on the same Aire on wich we were robbed in April, this time I will be sitting waiting for them with a special presant if they should be there working again.

If they do come again they will not like what Ive got waiting for them and I will be able to catch them afterwards.

Syd - 2007-08-10 11:55 PM Going back to France/Spain in the very near future and intend staying on the same Aire on wich we were robbed in April, this time I will be sitting waiting for them with a special presant if they should be there working again. If they do come again they will not like what Ive got waiting for them and I will be able to catch them afterwards.

Hello Syd

I've got a better idea!  Just don't stay on autoroute aires: it is not what they are intended for and they are not safe for this purpose. 

If you're going to sit up all night waiting for the robbers you won't be very fresh the next day.  If you do meet them you'll probably wish you hadn't - don't forget the laws on carrying weapons in France are not the same as UK: guns and knives are much more commonplace.  You'll just get a hiding, or worse! 

Reel your horns in and find a nice quiet, safe, overnight stop where you and Mrs Syd can get a good, relaxing, night's sleep.  Safe trip!

Archived