The Windrush Generation

Bulletguy

Bulletguy - 2018-04-18 8:36 PM

antony1969 - 2018-04-18 6:55 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-04-18 6:32 PM

antony1969 - 2018-04-18 6:24 PM

Ive never said these people were here legally or not did I ... If they are here legally then no problem but you seem to have a problem with accepting the whole process started under your Gods ...Awkward

Second time.

UKBA made a decision in 2009 but IT WAS SHELVED.

The home office GAVE THE ORDER to carry it out late 2010.

So under which government was the destruction of the files carried out......Labour or Tory?

It's a simple question.

So which of your posts from today are correct ... This afternoons twitter clips or your border agency claim ... Its getting difficult to keep up with ya

The only obstinacy is your refusal to read and comprehend. I've stated, i've linked and even a Downing St spokesman has said "the operational decision was taken by the BA".....after the HO gave the order to carry it out in late 2010.

antony1969 - 2018-04-18 7:47 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-04-18 7:39 PM

antony1969 - 2018-04-18 7:29 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-04-18 7:17 PM

antony1969 - 2018-04-18 5:45 PM

Thats fine but in 2009 under Labours watch is when the whole thing started or am I wrong ???

Antony, "Please Sir, he started it" is what small children say when caught scrapping at school. What is of far greater importance, is who failed to stop it? If your predecessor in office did something daft, and you had six years in which to correct it, but instead added to it, it is hardly surprising, in the adult world, if you are criticised for your failing. Who started it is supremely irrelevant to where we are now.

So we might assume shared responsibility then Brian ... Is that what we are saying ??? ... Or is it all down to the Tories ???

BG has correctly answered that question above. Personally, I couldn't give a flying fig who started it, it is a travesty of justice that no-one should seek to defend, whichever party might have been involved. If you really want to apportion blame, it seems the idea was spawned by Labour in 2010, but adopted and implemented, in more draconian form, by the Coalition, whose choice of Home Secretary was Theresa May, now our PM. So while no-one emerges with clean hands, it seem to me clear whose hands are by far the grubbiest.

Well actually Brian im with you ... Its a shameful episode but given BG placed the blame firmly with the Tories which isnt true I felt the need to balance the books and add a little truth

How many more times do you need this spelling out?

So under which government was the destruction of the files carried out......Labour or Tory?

Simple question.

Thats great but who set the wheels in motion in 2009 ... Its not a difficult question

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2018-04-18 8:38 PM

This despicable travesty of justice has just gone from bad to worse.

58 year old Dexter Bristol who came to the UK from Grenada with his parents as an 8 year old boy was found dead in his flat three weeks ago. Cause of death is still to be determined.

Because he didn’t have the right documentation, he had lost his job and warned he could be deported. Due to his 'non-status' he had no entitlement to benefits. Dexter had spent more than a year trying to prove his right to live in the UK.

His mother had worked as a nurse in the NHS for 40 years.

Oh Jeez did Theresa May kill him

antony1969 - 2018-04-18 8:47 PM

Simple question.

Thats great but who set the wheels in motion in 2009 ... Its not a difficult question

Already answered over three hours back. Do keep up.

UKBA made a decision in 2009 but it was shelved.

The home office gave the order to carry it out in late 2010.

So.....your turn now, and i've asked you three times before the same question you've continually shied away from answering.

Under which government was the destruction of the files carried out......Labour or Tory?

It's a very simple question.

antony1969 - 2018-04-18 8:49 PM

58 year old Dexter Bristol who came to the UK from Grenada with his parents as an 8 year old boy was found dead in his flat three weeks ago. Cause of death is still to be determined.

Because he didn’t have the right documentation, he had lost his job and warned he could be deported. Due to his 'non-status' he had no entitlement to benefits. Dexter had spent more than a year trying to prove his right to live in the UK.

Don't be so flippant. Joking about a mans death doesn't show you in a very good light Antony. Utterly disrespectful.

Bulletguy - 2018-04-18 9:24 PM

Simple question.

So.....your turn now, and i've asked you three times before the same question you've continually shied away from answering.

Under which government was the destruction of the files carried out......Labour or Tory?

antony1969 - 2018-04-18 8:49 PM

Don't be so flippant. Joking about a mans death doesn't show you in a very good light Antony. Utterly disrespectful.

Destroyed under the Tories , started by Labour ... It's simple ... Who's joking regarding that fellas death ... You blame Mrs May for much even when others are partly to blame so why would this be any different

antony1969 - 2018-04-18 9:45 PM

Simple question.

Destroyed under the Tories

Correct. You finally managed to get there in the end despite it being like pulling teeth.

Bulletguy - 2018-04-18 10:37 PM

antony1969 - 2018-04-18 9:45 PM

Simple question.

Destroyed under the Tories

Correct. You finally managed to get there in the end despite it being like pulling teeth.

You obviously still didn't "get there" you only posted part of my reply

Guest pelmetman

Say's the bloke who used to make Bullets for a living??? 8-) ............

pelmetman - 2018-04-18 7:39 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-04-18 7:30 PM

pelmetman - 2018-04-18 7:00 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-04-18 6:55 PM

What you think I think, is a figment of your own imagination, and is wrong, so you are merely arguing against your own imagination, in error, which seems a bit of a waste of time - but, if it amuses you, who am I to argue? :-D

So the "Fact" that London is now the EU murder capital is a figment of my imagination? ;-) .........

Pray tell how it would improve if we stayed in the EU with open door migration from the the EU & Beyond? :-S ........

Oh Gawd. Context, Dave, context! :-D

Here's the full quote again, to help you:

Brian Kirby - 2018-04-18 6:55 PM...................................
No doubt you think London becoming the EU murder capital is great to? *-) ..........

But hey it's so easy to blame the politicians than those poor hard done by criminals ain't it >:-) .........

Just so long as you can polish your halo's and not have to suffer the consequences eh Brian?.........

What you think I think, is a figment of your own imagination, and is wrong, so you are merely arguing against your own imagination, in error, which seems a bit of a waste of time - but, if it amuses you, who am I to argue? :-D

So, as you can see, you've now turned from arguing against what you think I think, in error, to misunderstanding even what you think I think! :-D

So, as far as I can see, you've now turned from answering a question to talking about the question *-) ........

........and folk wonder why we are where we are 8-) ........

Glad I ain't got any kids ........To inherit the world you intelligent folk are creating >:-) .......

Dave, if only you'd occasionally take the trouble to read what someone else writes, you'd have noticed that I've already answered your question twice in the above posts, so reiterating the question is as big a waste of time as answering it again. Just engage the little grey cells, and then read my post.

antony1969 - 2018-04-18 6:59 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-04-18 3:30 PM

antony1969 - 2018-04-18 12:33 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-04-18 9:49 AM

pelmetman - 2018-04-17 9:21 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-04-17 9:08 PM

What pleasure it must be for them if they decide, in their retirement, that they'd like to visit the West Indies to meet the relatives they know of, but have never met, and to be told, on submitting their passport applications, that they are illegal immigrants, that they are under arrest, to be removed to an immigration centre pending deportation to a country they have never known, and also that their pensions will be stopped. Is this really Britain?

Cheer up Brian ;-) ..........

Mrs May has recognised the problem and is sorting it :D ..........

Now your conundrum is......... how to blame it on Brexit >:-) ........

Blame it ON Brexit, Dave? Hardly, but I can see a link. It's that same foreigner distrusting mindset at work behind both. That same bean counting mentality. That same, mean minded, "Little Englander", "any peg to hang a hat on" outlook that seems to me to afflict both. Sad, ain't it, what that outlook can do to a once great country?

"Foreigner distrust" ... You've misread the Brexit situation again Brian ... Not wanting your neighbourhood to change beyond recognition isn't foreigner distrust neither is not wanting further pressures on our NHS , police , doctors , schools , prisons and the rest ... It's just common sense isn't it ... I bet you dont have too many problems in leafy East Sussex with any immigration issues Brian , maybe your like the rest of the high and mighty squad on here who preach to us that do

Neighbourhoods changed beyond recognition by EU citizens of Europe or those from outside Europe? All the Europeans I know and come across that have made their home here are much like us. Similar culture, similar religion and beliefs Etc. They integrate well. On the other hand as you have pointed out many times some of our immigrants from say the Middle East and beyond not so much (you say). If this is something some Brexit voters want less of won't restricting our near EU neighbours only increase more open doors for those from outside Europe to come here? Even Vote Leave told many Asian communities that would be the case if they voted out. Were they lying?

Thankyou ... Youve just proved my point ... Though how you know what happens in towns and cities throughout the UK with East European migration I dont know as according to your good self you live in an area not affected by immigration

Your going to have to explain that one to me as in how I have proved your point. I have been known to travel around you know.

antony1969 - 2018-04-18 7:27 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-04-18 7:07 PM

.............................Blame it ON Brexit, Dave? Hardly, but I can see a link. It's that same foreigner distrusting mindset at work behind both. That same bean counting mentality. That same, mean minded, "Little Englander", "any peg to hang a hat on" outlook that seems to me to afflict both. Sad, ain't it, what that outlook can do to a once great country?

"Foreigner distrust" ... You've misread the Brexit situation again Brian ... Not wanting your neighbourhood to change beyond recognition isn't foreigner distrust neither is not wanting further pressures on our NHS , police , doctors , schools , prisons and the rest ... It's just common sense isn't it ... I bet you dont have too many problems in leafy East Sussex with any immigration issues Brian , maybe your like the rest of the high and mighty squad on here who preach to us that do

We have immigrants in Sussex, Antony, and they seem to have integrated well. I'm not with you on common sense. If "Not wanting your neighbourhood to change beyond recognition neither is not wanting further pressures on our NHS , police , doctors , schools , prisons and the rest", is what Brexit is about, who are the people who are causing all these problems? Where, among the other 27 EU states, are all these people coming from? I'm not seeing them.

But its you that is saying its what Brexit is all about not me

Then I've completely missed what I thought was your point, Antony - though I didn't say it was what Brexit was all about. But if I've got that wrong, what was your point in saying "Not wanting your neighbourhood to change beyond recognition isn't foreigner distrust neither is not wanting further pressures on our NHS , police , doctors , schools , prisons and the rest ... It's just common sense isn't it ... " in response to my statement that underlying Brexit was the "same foreigner distrust mindset" that led to the abuse of the Windrush migrants? What in that statement is "common sense", if it is not that the factors you list are the underlying causes of Brexit?

antony1969 - 2018-04-19 6:19 AM

You obviously still didn't "get there" you only posted part of my reply

I'm not wasting time playing around with semantics and the 'other part' wasn't up for discussion imo.

Brian Kirby - 2018-04-19 2:56 PM

antony1969 - 2018-04-18 7:27 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-04-18 7:07 PM

.............................Blame it ON Brexit, Dave? Hardly, but I can see a link. It's that same foreigner distrusting mindset at work behind both. That same bean counting mentality. That same, mean minded, "Little Englander", "any peg to hang a hat on" outlook that seems to me to afflict both. Sad, ain't it, what that outlook can do to a once great country?

We have immigrants in Sussex, Antony, and they seem to have integrated well. I'm not with you on common sense. If "Not wanting your neighbourhood to change beyond recognition neither is not wanting further pressures on our NHS , police , doctors , schools , prisons and the rest", is what Brexit is about, who are the people who are causing all these problems? Where, among the other 27 EU states, are all these people coming from? I'm not seeing them.

But its you that is saying its what Brexit is all about not me

Then I've completely missed what I thought was your point, Antony - though I didn't say it was what Brexit was all about. But if I've got that wrong, what was your point in saying "Not wanting your neighbourhood to change beyond recognition isn't foreigner distrust neither is not wanting further pressures on our NHS , police , doctors , schools , prisons and the rest ... It's just common sense isn't it ... " in response to my statement that underlying Brexit was the "same foreigner distrust mindset" that led to the abuse of the Windrush migrants? What in that statement is "common sense", if it is not that the factors you list are the underlying causes of Brexit?

I can certainly see the connections to it and from reading posts on other forums, how some Brexiters feel rather disturbed and uncomfortable with what the Windrush debacle has brought about. Like many other points which have surfaced post-Brexit, detail of the 2014 Immigration Act wasn't on the ballot paper so few had any knowledge about it though reducing immigration was one of the key points in the Brexit campaign which excited them.

Astonishingly there was only 16 MP's who voted against the Act, one of whom was Jeremy Corbyn who at the time posted this comment on his Twitter feed on Jan 30th 2014;

If that wasn't a stark warning of trouble ahead then i don't know what is! Government was on course to hit an almighty iceberg.....and now they've hit it the ships 'Captain' is looking to lay blame elsewhere, anywhere but herself. She'd been chief architect of the Act openly stating her intent to create a "hostile environment". Now she's the one in icy water, she expects a lifeboat, warm blanket and rescue.

I also suspect even less knew that Camerons government had quietly removed a key protection from the statute books in the 2014 Immigration Act with the HO claiming adequate protections were already in place for people who were initially granted temporary rights to remain in the UK who'd been here for decades. That's turned out to be untrue hence why we are where we are today.

Sir Robert Keslake who was head of the civil service from 2012 - 2014 spoke on Newsnight about May's policy of "hostile environment" and how many ministers were 'deeply unhappy' comparing it to more reminiscent of Nazi Germany. That's how far down May had driven this.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-04-19 9:15 AM

So the "Fact" that London is now the EU murder capital is a figment of my imagination? ;-) .........

Pray tell how it would improve if we stayed in the EU with open door migration from the the EU & Beyond? :-S ........

No doubt you think London becoming the EU murder capital is great to? *-) ..........

But hey it's so easy to blame the politicians than those poor hard done by criminals ain't it >:-) .........

Just so long as you can polish your halo's and not have to suffer the consequences eh Brian?.........

So, as you can see, you've now turned from arguing against what you think I think, in error, to misunderstanding even what you think I think! :-D

So, as far as I can see, you've now turned from answering a question to talking about the question *-) ........

Glad I ain't got any kids ........To inherit the world you intelligent folk are creating >:-) .......

Dave, if only you'd occasionally take the trouble to read what someone else writes, you'd have noticed that I've already answered your question twice in the above posts, so reiterating the question is as big a waste of time as answering it again. Just engage the little grey cells, and then read my post.

So are you not a EU open door to every scroat oike or not? *-) ..........

I come from four generations of hairdressers so I've had my fill of splitting hairs ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-04-19 4:24 PM

I come from four generations of hairdressers so I've had my fill of splitting hairs ;-) ........

Are you seriously suggesting criminality is only 'imported' and not 'home grown'? :-S

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-04-19 4:58 PM

Are you seriously suggesting criminality is only 'imported' and not 'home grown'? :-S

Nope I'm seriously suggesting we have a full house of A*seholes and we don't need to import anymore *-) .........

Unlike dumb schmucks like you who seem to think we have a shortage 8-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-04-19 5:06 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-04-19 4:58 PM

Nope I'm seriously suggesting we have a full house of A*seholes and we don't need to import anymore *-) .........

Unlike dumb schmucks like you who seem to think we have a shortage 8-) ...........

You aren't making any sense at all in your postings which lack any form of logic or credibility. In this latest crackpot rant i assume you've included yourself in the 'full house'........at least for the six months you're here?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-04-19 5:40 PM

You aren't making any sense at all in your postings which lack any form of logic or credibility. In this latest crackpot rant i assume you've included yourself in the 'full house'........at least for the six months you're here?

Did you just say sense? 8-) .........

I can only assume the medication your on is affecting your mental processes :-S ..........

Coz what should becoming out of your ar*e is coming out of your gob >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-04-19 5:50 PM

I can only assume the medication your on is affecting your mental processes :-S ..........

Coz what should becoming out of your ar*e is coming out of your gob >:-) .........

What relevance to the Windrush news does [/i]any[/i] of this bear?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-04-19 6:13 PM

pelmetman - 2018-04-19 5:50 PM

What relevance to the Windrush news does [/i]any[/i] of this bear?

How about this then? ;-) .........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Kerslake

" His impartiality was also questioned owing to his close relationship with Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party"

Kinda puts his views into perspective dontcha think? >:-) .........

Oh I forgot you're a Labour drone ......so you don't think :D .........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-04-19 7:22 PM

Dave, you said "No doubt you think London becoming the EU murder capital is great to?"

To which I replied "What you think I think, is a figment of your own imagination, and is wrong..........."

OK?

Oh I forgot its easier to nit pick than answer the question *-) ..........

London is now the murder capital of the EU.........Which to me is another example of the chaos caused by open borders which you support............Discuss? >:-) ..............

pelmetman - 2018-04-19 7:32 PM

Dave, you said "No doubt you think London becoming the EU murder capital is great to?"

To which I replied "What you think I think, is a figment of your own imagination, and is wrong..........."

OK?

London is now the murder capital of the EU.........Which to me is another example of the chaos caused by open borders which you support............Discuss? >:-) ..............

Ohhh Dave ... Thats just you being a "Little Englander" again ... Brian like the rest of the high and mighty squad on here love open borders and mass immigration ... They just dont like it on their doorsteps ... Ruddy hypocrites

pelmetman - 2018-04-19 7:32 PM

OK?

Discuss? Yeah ok. We dont have open borders and never have except we will after Brexit in Ireland and of course our EU migrants are going nowhere apart from the really good ones like Nurses and Doctors and for each trade deal (assuming we get any) free movement from God knows where! We will be awash with funny foreigners,

The Home Office have now "pledged to stop deportations". Time will tell.....but given the cold, callous, despicable construct of May's 'hostile environment', only fools would trust her.

A school teacher removed from his employment two years ago was finally granted his rightful citizenship restored today in a carefully structured pr exercise for the cameras.

https://www.channel4.com/news/government-taking-urgent-action-to-help-windrush-generation

Still no official numbers from the HO, only 'guesstimates', and emails coming in from people who have been deported. David Lammy MP speaks about May's "hostile environment" and questions is this the sort of message Britain really wants to send out about itself?

https://www.channel4.com/news/david-lammy-do-we-need-to-send-a-message-that-britain-is-cruel

The scandal of Windrush could not have come at a more appropriate time given the Queen hosted Commonwealth Heads of Government today for a banquet this evening at Buckingham Palace......attended by Prime Hypocrite May, welcomed to the palace entrance by a uniformed Commonwealth citizen. She probably told him "why are you here.... go back to 'your' country".

In Leeds a man who despite having a NI number, access to medical records etc, the HO refused his application for a passport he needed for his daughters wedding in Australia. He feels he doesn't exist and is totally stateless.

https://www.channel4.com/news/leeds-west-indian-population-react-to-the-windrush-scandal

Archived