The Windrush Generation

Bulletguy

Bulletguy - 2018-04-19 11:45 PM

The Home Office have now "pledged to stop deportations". Time will tell.....but given the cold, callous, despicable construct of May's 'hostile environment', only fools would trust her.

A school teacher removed from his employment two years ago was finally granted his rightful citizenship restored today in a carefully structured pr exercise for the cameras.

https://www.channel4.com/news/government-taking-urgent-action-to-help-windrush-generation

Still no official numbers from the HO, only 'guesstimates', and emails coming in from people who have been deported. David Lammy MP speaks about May's "hostile environment" and questions is this the sort of message Britain really wants to send out about itself?

https://www.channel4.com/news/david-lammy-do-we-need-to-send-a-message-that-britain-is-cruel

The scandal of Windrush could not have come at a more appropriate time given the Queen hosted Commonwealth Heads of Government today for a banquet this evening at Buckingham Palace......attended by Prime Hypocrite May, welcomed to the palace entrance by a uniformed Commonwealth citizen. She probably told him "why are you here.... go back to 'your' country".

In Leeds a man who despite having a NI number, access to medical records etc, the HO refused his application for a passport he needed for his daughters wedding in Australia. He feels he doesn't exist and is totally stateless.

https://www.channel4.com/news/leeds-west-indian-population-react-to-the-windrush-scandal

So nobody has been made to leave ... Try being white in South Africa , white in parts of Britain , Christian in Pakistan , Afghanistan or many other Muslim countries ... I think the government have acted quickly on what Labour first started ... Well done government

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I am very suspicious over the whole Windrush affair. To me it is not inconceivable that because the govt. had to try and radically reduce the numbers of immigrants coupled with the fact that they were not able to reduce EU migrants according to the EU rules then the govt had to look elsewhere for areas where they could have an effect. Hence the pressure on reducing non EU migrants, the Windrush sector comes under this group. The end result being the horrible treatment these individuals have received and no decrease of any significance in the numbers other than the reduction in people not wanting to come. We still have nothing in place to control the influx ourselves. I have stated in the past and still believe that the whole downward pressure on benefits and such was partly fuelled by the fact that if we wished to stop immigrants receiving certain things the it had to apply to our own people.Cameron proved a complete waste of space.

cheers

derek

antony1969 - 2018-04-19 7:42 PM

pelmetman - 2018-04-19 7:32 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-04-19 7:22 PM

Dave, you said "No doubt you think London becoming the EU murder capital is great to?"

To which I replied "What you think I think, is a figment of your own imagination, and is wrong..........."

OK?

Oh I forgot its easier to nit pick than answer the question *-) ..........

London is now the murder capital of the EU.........Which to me is another example of the chaos caused by open borders which you support............Discuss? >:-) ..............

Ohhh Dave ... Thats just you being a "Little Englander" again ... Brian like the rest of the high and mighty squad on here love open borders and mass immigration ... They just dont like it on their doorsteps ... Ruddy hypocrites

I'm beginning to think you two share a brain! :-D You keep on imagining what other people think, then start arguments with your dodgy imaginations, and then can't cope when told your imaginations are misleading you. There must be a medical term for this affliction, mustn't there?

You're not both immigrants, are you, with a slightly underdeveloped grasp of English? If you are, I apologise, as I had though you were both British born and bred, and fully conversant with the subtleties of your mother tongue! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2018-04-20 11:09 AM

antony1969 - 2018-04-19 7:42 PM

pelmetman - 2018-04-19 7:32 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-04-19 7:22 PM

Dave, you said "No doubt you think London becoming the EU murder capital is great to?"

To which I replied "What you think I think, is a figment of your own imagination, and is wrong..........."

OK?

Oh I forgot its easier to nit pick than answer the question *-) ..........

London is now the murder capital of the EU.........Which to me is another example of the chaos caused by open borders which you support............Discuss? >:-) ..............

Ohhh Dave ... Thats just you being a "Little Englander" again ... Brian like the rest of the high and mighty squad on here love open borders and mass immigration ... They just dont like it on their doorsteps ... Ruddy hypocrites

I'm beginning to think you two share a brain! :-D You keep on imagining what other people think, then start arguments with your dodgy imaginations, and then can't cope when told your imaginations are misleading you. There must be a medical term for this affliction, mustn't there?

You're not both immigrants, are you, with a slightly underdeveloped grasp of English? If you are, I apologise, as I had though you were both British born and bred, and fully conversant with the subtleties of your mother tongue! :-D

No medical term Brian ... It's just called living in the real world

antony1969 - 2018-04-20 6:30 AM

The Home Office have now "pledged to stop deportations". Time will tell.....but given the cold, callous, despicable construct of May's 'hostile environment', only fools would trust her.

A school teacher removed from his employment two years ago was finally granted his rightful citizenship restored today in a carefully structured pr exercise for the cameras.

https://www.channel4.com/news/government-taking-urgent-action-to-help-windrush-generation

Still no official numbers from the HO, only 'guesstimates', and emails coming in from people who have been deported. David Lammy MP speaks about May's "hostile environment" and questions is this the sort of message Britain really wants to send out about itself?

https://www.channel4.com/news/david-lammy-do-we-need-to-send-a-message-that-britain-is-cruel

The scandal of Windrush could not have come at a more appropriate time given the Queen hosted Commonwealth Heads of Government today for a banquet this evening at Buckingham Palace......attended by Prime Hypocrite May, welcomed to the palace entrance by a uniformed Commonwealth citizen. She probably told him "why are you here.... go back to 'your' country".

In Leeds a man who despite having a NI number, access to medical records etc, the HO refused his application for a passport he needed for his daughters wedding in Australia. He feels he doesn't exist and is totally stateless.

https://www.channel4.com/news/leeds-west-indian-population-react-to-the-windrush-scandal

So nobody has been made to leave ...

You haven't followed any of the reports have you?

People have been dismissed from their employment, refused access to the NHS, denied access to state benefits, driving licences revoked, some arrested and carted off to detention centres pending deportation with papers listing their destination and flight number.

Why you continue to remain in denial is beyond me as it's staring you in the face and has been for the past few weeks,.even Tory ministers are now finding it impossible to justify. I look forward to receiving the reply from my own MP, who incidentally is Tory

I think the government have acted quickly on what Labour first started ... Well done government.

No......totally the opposite and as has previously been pointed out to you Labour shelved the idea and you're wasting your time attempting to blame shift. It only kicked off when the Tories came to power and May got to HS.

When the lid finally blew as a result of May's despicable Immigration Act which has been responsible for this, she initially refused to meet Commonwealth leaders to discuss the matter. That's linked in this thread.

She threw Rudd and Nokes under the bus and left them to get a roasting in the HoC, determined to cling to her own position and only did her U turn the following day after seeing the massive iceberg she'd just slammed into. Too late. She had to be dragged into meeting the leaders she'd previously refused to meet making a grovelling insincere faux 'apology'.

Ironically 14 years ago May called for the resignation of a Labour Home Sec (which she did) and went on to preach about....."ministers who simply don't know what is going on in their department".... "departments that deny the truth and have to have it dragged out of them"......and found it "strange that ministers don't step up to the plate and take responsibility".

Seems to me 14 years on she hasn't learnt very much from that 'sermon' of hers and now the boot is on the other foot she has a complete 'about face' and memory failure. She's a cold, cruel, callous and despicable woman and her behaviour over this has done irreparable damage to her aptly named "coalition of chaos".

antony1969 - 2018-04-20 1:20 PM.............................No medical term Brian ... It's just called living in the real world

Ah, but maybe you don't, and I do; or maybe we share the same world, and just see it differently; or maybe we each live in different, imaginary, worlds! There must be some explanation, because you and Dave both keep imagining how I see the world, and getting it wrong, but continue thinking your world is more real than mine.

For example "Brian like the rest of the high and mighty squad on here love open borders and mass immigration". Where does this "high and mighty" stuff come from? Where do you gain the impression that I "love open borders and mass immigration"? I don't think I have ever said, or implied, either - so either you and Dave imagine it, or translation across the boundaries of our individual universes causes distortion as it enters your space-time dimension? I don't know, but it is very odd. :-D

Bulletguy - 2018-04-20 2:59 PM

People have been dismissed from their employment, refused access to the NHS, denied access to state benefits, driving licences revoked, some arrested and carted off to detention centres pending deportation with papers listing their destination and flight number.

Why you continue to remain in denial is beyond me as it's staring you in the face and has been for the past few weeks,.even Tory ministers are now finding it impossible to justify. I look forward to receiving the reply from my own MP, who incidentally is Tory

I think the government have acted quickly on what Labour first started ... Well done government.

No......totally the opposite and as has previously been pointed out to you Labour shelved the idea and you're wasting your time attempting to blame shift. It only kicked off when the Tories came to power and May got to HS.

When the lid finally blew as a result of May's despicable Immigration Act which has been responsible for this, she initially refused to meet Commonwealth leaders to discuss the matter. That's linked in this thread.

She threw Rudd and Nokes under the bus and left them to get a roasting in the HoC, determined to cling to her own position and only did her U turn the following day after seeing the massive iceberg she'd just slammed into. Too late. She had to be dragged into meeting the leaders she'd previously refused to meet making a grovelling insincere faux 'apology'.

Ironically 14 years ago May called for the resignation of a Labour Home Sec (which she did) and went on to preach about....."ministers who simply don't know what is going on in their department".... "departments that deny the truth and have to have it dragged out of them"......and found it "strange that ministers don't step up to the plate and take responsibility".

Seems to me 14 years on she hasn't learnt very much from that 'sermon' of hers and now the boot is on the other foot she has a complete 'about face' and memory failure. She's a cold, cruel, callous and despicable woman and her behaviour over this has done irreparable damage to her aptly named "coalition of chaos".

So nobody's been made to leave like I said then

I’ve read JC’s tweet from January 2014 in BG’s earlier post and it probably suffers from the brevity inherent in a tweet as it amounts to a misstatement of the law as amended in 2014 about the deprivation of citizenship as far as I can glean from the notorious Shabir Ahmed case. Deprivation of citizenship has been a power invested in the Home Secretary since 1981. She cannot exercise the power if to do so would make a person stateless under the 1981 Act. The amendment in 2014 was to extend the power to deprive someone of citizenship if they obtained it through naturalisation and that the person who was going to be deprived of citizenship had conducted him or herself in a manner which is seriously prejudicial to the vital interests of the UK and there were reasonable grounds for believing that the person was able to become a national under the law of a country outside the UK. That stopped people like our mate Shabir Ahmed for example hiding behind his acquired British citizenship so as to escape deportation to Pakistan. He would only become stateless if he impeded the Home Office attempts to repatriate him by taking evasive action preventing Pakistan accepting him as entitled to citizenship of Pakistan. The law on deprivation of citizenship is explained in the decision of the Tribunal case in which the Judge upheld the Home Office decision to deprive him of it. Seems like a good piece of legislation to me on that front (and no Dave P since you are bound to ask I still haven’t found any news about his appeal against the Tribunal’s decision).

Let’s also not forget that the Windrush people haven’t been deprived of citizenship of the UK they merely have not shown that they acquired it. Whether the demands made by the Home Office about how they were to show this were unreasonable in all cases has yet to be demonstrated. The news reports of individual cases are far too superficial for that to be demonstrated.

antony1969 - 2018-04-20 4:30 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-04-20 2:59 PM

So nobody's been made to leave like I said then.

If your definition of 'made to leave' means being physically bundled on to an aircraft by immigration officials then as far as we know there hasn't been. However seeing as neither Rudd or Nokes had any idea of figures when asked....whose to know? They should as it's their job, but they don't know.

Are you comfortable with people being dismissed from their employment, declared as 'illegals', denied all rights as UK citizens and carted off to detention centres with papers in hand showing their flight number and departure date? Is this really what you support in your hunger for kicking immigrants out?

Those papers have been shown on news reports.......had you bothered to watch and listen to any of them, but you appear to be in complete denial.

Violet1956 - 2018-04-20 5:09 PM

I’ve read JC’s tweet from January 2014 in BG’s earlier post and it probably suffers from the brevity inherent in a tweet as it amounts to a misstatement of the law as amended in 2014 about the deprivation of citizenship as far as I can glean from the notorious Shabir Ahmed case. Deprivation of citizenship has been a power invested in the Home Secretary since 1981. She cannot exercise the power if to do so would make a person stateless under the 1981 Act. The amendment in 2014 was to extend the power to deprive someone of citizenship if they obtained it through naturalisation and that the person who was going to be deprived of citizenship had conducted him or herself in a manner which is seriously prejudicial to the vital interests of the UK and there were reasonable grounds for believing that the person was able to become a national under the law of a country outside the UK. That stopped people like our mate Shabir Ahmed for example hiding behind his acquired British citizenship so as to escape deportation to Pakistan. He would only become stateless if he impeded the Home Office attempts to repatriate him by taking evasive action preventing Pakistan accepting him as entitled to citizenship of Pakistan. The law on deprivation of citizenship is explained in the decision of the Tribunal case in which the Judge upheld the Home Office decision to deprive him of it. Seems like a good piece of legislation to me on that front (and no Dave P since you are bound to ask I still haven’t found any news about his appeal against the Tribunal’s decision).

Let’s also not forget that the Windrush people haven’t been deprived of citizenship of the UK they merely have not shown that they acquired it. Whether the demands made by the Home Office about how they were to show this were unreasonable in all cases has yet to be demonstrated. The news reports of individual cases are far too superficial for that to be demonstrated.

Veronica......only yesterday was this man given his rightful citizenship. Prior to that he'd been told he was here illegally and faced forced removal. He was sent to an immigration detention centre and booked by Home Office staff on a flight back to Jamaica. He still has the HO documents showing that.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/dec/01/man-detained-threatened-with-removal-after-52-years-in-the-uk

What May rode rough shod over is the 1948 British Nationality Act .

Every person who under this Act is a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies or who under any enactment for the time being in force in any country mentioned in subsection (3) of this section is a citizen of that country shall by virtue of that citizenship have the status of a British subject.

Her Immigration Act raised alarm bells with the Law Society who questioned the legalities within it and it was obvious from the outset in her obsession to create her "hostile environment", she created something more akin to the Gestapo.

And this was a country which boasted how Brexit would allow the UK to "embrace our Commonwealth" give Britain a chance to become internationalist and a self-governing trading nation by voting to leave! So now we are seeing what their idea of "embrace" really is about.

Well it most certainly is not mine!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/eureferendum/12193101/Brexit-will-allow-Britain-to-embrace-the-Commonwealth.html

I think there are two important aspects of this that have yet to be clarified.

First, many of those taken to detention centres will have been deported for legal reasons. The deportees were not all Windrush immigrants.

Second, of those who were taken to detention centres in preparation for deportation, and who were Windrush immigrants, some were not deported as a result of intervention by their legal teams.

There are reports in the Jamaican press (the Gleaner) of deportees arriving, and of these including people who had been taken to the UK as children, but I couldn't find any confirmations as to whether this group included deportees whose parents had come to UK back in the 50s and 60s, but had acquired criminal records, which would have made their deportations legal under UK law.

It therefore seems a bit early to saddle up one's charger and race into battle on either side until some reliable facts emerge. In the meantime, I suggest the noble knights dismount, take off their armour, rack their shields, stow their swords and lances, stable their horses, and go and have a beer! :-D

Paul I quite understand how there have been some individual cases reported in the press where things have gone wrong and that there appears to be a culture of disbelief in the Home Office when it comes to deciding on cases. My point really is that we have yet to learn how many genuine cases they are where people have suffered due to a refusal to accept that they qualify for British citizenship and a few reported cases of individuals affected don't indicate that there is a widespread failure to deny it where it is due. I believe more will "come out in the wash" or at least I hope so.

I don't pretend to be an expert on British Nationality law but these two links appear to be of relevance.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/british_citizenship_through_cukc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_British_Overseas_citizens

From them I glean that not all CUKCs as determined by the 1948 Act will have a right of abode in the UK. Some who were formerly qualified as CUKCs under the 1948 Act became British Overseas Citizens (BOCs) when the 1981 Act was passed into law in 1983. BOCs are British nationals without a right of abode in the UK. The 1981 Act I know was considered by some to be a measure to stem immigration from former British Colonies because Joe Public didn't like the number of "brown/black people" entering the UK to put it bluntly.

The complexity of British Nationality law is such that I don't doubt a number of mistakes are made when people claim they are entitled to British Citizenship/right of abode but don't have the relevant evidence to show that they do.

I share your concern about the significant hardship caused to those people whom the Home Office have acknowledged should have been recognised as having a right of abode. It is no doubt dreadful to loose your job, be detained and told you are on the next flight out. We have the lawyers and due process to thank for the prevention of the deportation of people like the man whose story appeared in your link. There is some comfort perhaps from the fact that at least he may have a claim for compensation on the basis that his detention was unlawful. However it is likely that no amount of compensation will ever restore an individual to the position they ought to have been in before the adverse decisions were made.

Brian Kirby - 2018-04-20 6:21 PM

First, many of those taken to detention centres will have been deported for legal reasons. The deportees were not all Windrush immigrants.

Second, of those who were taken to detention centres in preparation for deportation, and who were Windrush immigrants, some were not deported as a result of intervention by their legal teams.

There are reports in the Jamaican press (the Gleaner) of deportees arriving, and of these including people who had been taken to the UK as children, but I couldn't find any confirmations as to whether this group included deportees whose parents had come to UK back in the 50s and 60s, but had acquired criminal records, which would have made their deportations legal under UK law.

It therefore seems a bit early to saddle up one's charger and race into battle on either side until some reliable facts emerge. In the meantime, I suggest the noble knights dismount, take off their armour, rack their shields, stow their swords and lances, stable their horses, and go and have a beer! :-D

Well said. Only mine's a very cold Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. Have a good weekend.

Brian Kirby - 2018-04-20 6:21 PM

The point is Brian no person from any Commonwealth country should even have been told they were 'illegals' and had to leave. They had their legal rights as British subjects stripped away, dismissed from their employment and no longer allowed to work, denied access to healthcare etc and in some cases, slapped into detention centres pending removal with plane ticket.

People have had their lives taken away, stripped of what identity they believed they had, only to find themselves as stateless people in a political nightmare created under May's regime. None of this should ever have happened. Britain wrongly detained some of it's own people. No trial, no hearing.....just told to go. Funny but most involved spent a lifetime working and paying taxes into the country. How come they never removed them back then? Still 'useful' to their Colonial 'master'?

Regards 'criminal records' etc that's entirely another issue but as far as i'm aware none of those held for detention had committed any crimes. I'm quite certain the HO and BA would have no problem with sourcing that information! That would be on record. Odd that they can't seem to source the information surrounding the innocent isn't it?

There is a justifiable anger which is growing daily.

Violet1956 - 2018-04-20 7:19 PM

antony1969 - 2018-04-20 7:11 PM

Real people feeling they have to leave Britain , their home because of Corbyns anti-Semitic party ... Disgusting ... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5002750/Labour-anti-Semitism-making-Jews-want-leave-Britain.html

I don't quite get what makes some people "real" and others not in your eyes Antony.

Well given the amount of fake news we have to put up with Veronica on MSM and even on here by the usuals I thought some stuff about how desperate real folk are at the moment and why they are considering leaving their home country because of our opposition parties anti-Semitism ... Desperate , depressing stuff I might say that decent UK citizens feel the safest option is to simply chuck it all in ... You'll agree Im sure its disgusting wont you ???

We are fortunate enough to live in a country in which the majority abhor discrimination on racial grounds and one which has robust laws to make such discrimination illegal. That law protects our minorities and no government of whatever persuasion would dare to turn back the clock as far as the protections afforded to Jews or any other minority group. That said, we cannot be complacent as there are ill-informed scare-mongering racists all around us and, rather ironically you may think, many take their cue from inflammatory articles in the Daily Mail.

Violet1956 - 2018-04-20 8:11 PM

We are fortunate enough to live in a country in which the majority abhor discrimination on racial grounds and one which has robust laws to make such discrimination illegal. That law protects our minorities and no government of whatever persuasion would dare to turn back the clock as far as the protections afforded to Jews or any other minority group. That said, we cannot be complacent as there are ill-informed scare-mongering racists all around us and, rather ironically you may think, many take their cue from inflammatory articles in the Daily Mail.

I think more take their cue from Labour party members and MPs that dare to speak out ... It must be tough accepting your own party is racist so I wont judge ya Veronica

antony1969 - 2018-04-20 8:19 PM

I think more take their cue from Labour party members and MPs that dare to speak out ... It must be tough accepting your own party is racist so I wont judge ya Veronica

You presume too much about my party Antony. According to a study on what policies I most support I'm a Green.

Violet1956 - 2018-04-20 8:23 PM

You presume too much about my party Antony. According to a study on what policies I most support I'm a Green.

Both Labour and the Greens are fast becoming commie controlled parties ... One runs on the back of green issues thats all ... Not much difference ... Why do you need a "study" to tell you which party to support Veronica ???

Violet1956 - 2018-04-20 6:47 PM

Paul I quite understand how there have been some individual cases reported in the press where things have gone wrong and that there appears to be a culture of disbelief in the Home Office when it comes to deciding on cases. My point really is that we have yet to learn how many genuine cases they are where people have suffered due to a refusal to accept that they qualify for British citizenship and a few reported cases of individuals affected don't indicate that there is a widespread failure to deny it where it is due. I believe more will "come out in the wash" or at least I hope so.

I don't pretend to be an expert on British Nationality law but these two links appear to be of relevance.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/british_citizenship_through_cukc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_British_Overseas_citizens

From them I glean that not all CUKCs as determined by the 1948 Act will have a right of abode in the UK. Some who were formerly qualified as CUKCs under the 1948 Act became British Overseas Citizens (BOCs) when the 1981 Act was passed into law in 1983. BOCs are British nationals without a right of abode in the UK. The 1981 Act I know was considered by some to be a measure to stem immigration from former British Colonies because Joe Public didn't like the number of "brown/black people" entering the UK to put it bluntly.

The complexity of British Nationality law is such that I don't doubt a number of mistakes are made when people claim they are entitled to British Citizenship/right of abode but don't have the relevant evidence to show that they do.

I share your concern about the significant hardship caused to those people whom the Home Office have acknowledged should have been recognised as having a right of abode. It is no doubt dreadful to loose your job, be detained and told you are on the next flight out. We have the lawyers and due process to thank for the prevention of the deportation of people like the man whose story appeared in your link. There is some comfort perhaps from the fact that at least he may have a claim for compensation on the basis that his detention was unlawful. However it is likely that no amount of compensation will ever restore an individual to the position they ought to have been in before the adverse decisions were made.

Sorry Veronica i missed this post as i read Brians and since then been watching further updates on this evenings news.

I just find it extremely odd that the vast majority of those affected who came here with their parents as children, are now elderly, yet not one squeak uttered by any Government whilst they were working....and yes had this gross miscarriage of justice occurred under a Labour government i would be enraged with the same fury.

Some cases simply beggar belief. Last night i heard on a radio report of some snared up in May's evil regime creating her "hostile environment" had been serving Regulars in our Armed Forces. Some fathers had even fought for UK during ww2. How the hell can that be ignored? It's totally unforgivable.

Those that came as children with their parents and lived here ever since, how could any possibly ever know they were supposed to fill in forms X Y and Z? Many British born people don't even have a passport let alone children who came on a ship 60 years ago to help clean up UK. Nobody needs a passport unless they want to travel outside UK which some don't do. My father didn't have one because as kids we always took family holidays in the UK and my mum only had her first passport at 68....the first time in her life she'd been out of UK!

But for the Windrush people even having a passport wasn't enough proof for the insanity of May's Immigration control. A lifetimes work meant nothing, not even an NI number. Some were asked to provide education records. How bloody bonkers is that? Most of their schools long ceased to exist! All three school i attended, two have been completely demolished and the one still standing (purely because it's a listed building), hasn't been a school for the past 40+ years!!

There will be financial compensation due to every single one whose suffered at the hands of this wicked regime. Naturally it will be funded by the tax payer so guess what......the Windrush victims end up contributing to their own compensation. I've got a much better idea. May and her husband can stump up the money. She was the chief architect which brought about this travesty and her husband made a financial killing (literally) in the bombing of Syria. Her Cabinet can make up any shortfall....theirs enough multi millionaires among them who won't miss a few hundred grand a piece.

I agree with what you observed in an earlier post. The calm measured diplomacy of the Commonwealth leaders. Very gracious, extremely statesman like.....a credit to the high office they hold. It's too late for the likes of May to take a leaf from their book.....as far as i'm concerned she nailed her ugliness to the mast long back and now it's become clear for all to see.

Keith Mitchell, Prime Minister of Grenada, spoke to Channel 4 news with the mother of Dexter Bristol who sadly died three weeks ago after being sacked a year ago for having no passport and told he was an "illegal".

PM Keith Mitchell a gentleman and Mrs Bristol, a lady.

https://www.channel4.com/news/grenada-pm-keith-mitchell-on-dexter-bristol-no-compensation-can-deal-with-pain

antony1969 - 2018-04-20 8:37 PM

Violet1956 - 2018-04-20 8:23 PM

Both Labour and the Greens are fast becoming commie controlled parties ... One runs on the back of green issues thats all ... Not much difference ... Why do you need a "study" to tell you which party to support Veronica ???

Because I struggle to find out which candidate and party should have my vote as I rarely find myself in agreement with every policy a party includes in its manifesto at election times Antony. I used the term "study" loosely. At the last election I found a questionnaire which collated your answers and chose the party that had a manifesto closest to the things you would wish to be adopted as government policy. You've not need to worry though because I am a swing voter in a very safe Tory seat so my vote doesn't count.

Archived