Day 253 and the boots changing to the other foot..........

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2018-08-05 10:22 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-08-05 6:01 PM

You said so yourself earlier. You should be more careful with quoting.

pelmetman - 2018-08-05 1:56 PM

Thankfully the Guardian sticks to reporting factual news articles for more intelligent people.

You need to look again ;-) ........

That quote included Barry's post about asking for a link :D ..........

I should've known irony is wasted on you *-) .........

Quite trying to wriggle out of it. You scored an 'own goal' by pasting from my post relating to the Guardian and it backfired on you. No irony about it.....just amused, and amazed, you were daft enough to re-quote!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-08-07 11:28 AM

Thankfully the Guardian sticks to reporting factual news articles for more intelligent people.

Quite trying to wriggle out of it. You scored an 'own goal' by pasting from my post relating to the Guardian and it backfired on you. No irony about it.....just amused, and amazed, you were daft enough to re-quote!

Yeah...... like I'd agree with your opinion of the Guardian 8-) ............

I wouldn't even use it in the karzi >:-) ..............

pelmetman - 2018-08-07 11:45 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-08-07 11:28 AM

Yeah...... like I'd agree with your opinion of the Guardian 8-) ............

The point is by pasting verbatim from my post, you actually did!

I wouldn't even use it in the karzi >:-) ..............

Glad to hear you say that as only the DM rag is fit for the toilet. Another Pelmet 'fail'! (lol)(lol)

pelmetman - 2018-08-08 8:08 AM

Even 48% of Remoaners just wanna get Bexit over with :D ...........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6037411/Poll-reveals-British-voters-no-longer-care-leave-EU-want-Brexit-over.html

I expect our Barry's in the 47% ;-) ..........

I'm guessing that what the majority really want is an end to the endless waffling about Brexit on and in the media.

It has certainly brought out the worst in British journalism over the last couple of years.

:-(

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-08-08 8:31 AM

It has certainly brought out the worst in British journalism over the last couple of years.

Nah...... they've just woken up to which side of the fence the majority of their readers sit on :D ..........

A Daily Mail Poll! FFS! *-) However there may be some truth in it. It just shows how right I am that the British public just have no idea what Brexit is all about or the implications.

Whether your a Brexiteer or Remainer you should listen to this. This is why I cant see Brexit happening as long as Smuggy or one of the other headbangers dont take over the reigns.

"An expert in international trade educated James O'Brien on what will happen after Britain leaves the European Union.

Jason Hunter has negotiated billions of pounds-worth of deals both inside and outside the European Union.

And he told James what will happen in the case of a no-deal Brexit - and spoiler alert, it doesn't look good."

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/expert-schools-james-obrien-on-brexit-facts/

"Falling back" on WTO rules as we have discussed is just not possible nor is leaving on the 29th of March with a deal.

Its worth considering this about any WTO deal as well. The WTO, deals with 165 countries around the globe.

Of those 165 countries only 35 are what we would term "western/advanced/modern" (Not third world) These would include, UK, France, Germany, USA, Japan, China, Australia, etc.

27 countries out of the 35 are in the EU and Brexiters want to leave the EU.

That leaves the UK 7 countries similar to ours to trade with. What would Sudan, for example, Need / be able to afford to buy from the UK?

James O'Brian at the end of that show promised to invite prominent Brexiteer politicians onto the show such as JRM to challenge Jason Hunter and will name and shame those that decline.

Trouble is, how do you explain all this to the man in the street? Why is it not headline news?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-08-08 10:07 AM

A Daily Mail Poll! FFS! *-) However there may be some truth in it. It just shows how right I am that the British public just have no idea what Brexit is all about or the implications.

Whether your a Brexiteer or Remainer you should listen to this. This is why I cant see Brexit happening as long as Smuggy or one of the other headbangers dont take over the reigns.

"An expert in international trade educated James O'Brien on what will happen after Britain leaves the European Union.

Jason Hunter has negotiated billions of pounds-worth of deals both inside and outside the European Union.

And he told James what will happen in the case of a no-deal Brexit - and spoiler alert, it doesn't look good."

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/expert-schools-james-obrien-on-brexit-facts/

"Falling back" on WTO rules as we have discussed is just not possible nor is leaving on the 29th of March with a deal.

Its worth considering this about any WTO deal as well. The WTO, deals with 165 countries around the globe.

Of those 165 countries only 35 are what we would term "western/advanced/modern" (Not third world) These would include, UK, France, Germany, USA, Japan, China, Australia, etc.

That leaves the UK 7 countries similar to ours to trade with. What would Sudan, for example, Need / be able to afford to buy from the UK?

James O'Brian at the end of that show promised to invite prominent Brexiteer politicians onto the show such as JRM to challenge Jason Hunter and will name and shame those that decline.

Trouble is, how do you explain all this to the man in the street? Why is it not headline news?

Remoaner experts FFS! *-) ............

You mean Jame's O'Brian a Whinging Remoaner broadcaster and Mr Hunter who works for Eurex.......

Eurex Exchange is an international exchange which primarily offers trading in European based derivatives and it is the largest European futures and options market. Wikipedia

Owner: Deutsche Börse AG

So no bias there eh? (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2018-08-08 10:40 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-08-08 10:07 AM

Remoaner experts FFS! *-) ............

You mean Jame's O'Brian a Whinging Remoaner broadcaster and Mr Hunter who works for Eurex.......

Eurex Exchange is an international exchange which primarily offers trading in European based derivatives and it is the largest European futures and options market. Wikipedia

Owner: Deutsche Börse AG

So no bias there eh? (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Makes no difference if he has any leaning whatsoever, what he was stating were actual facts. Are you going to dispute any of what he said (Assuming you listened)? Im all ears! It will be interesting to see which key Brexit pollys take up the offer of an invite by James to dispute what he said.

Its about time this sort of stuff hit main stream media.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-08-08 11:07 AM

Makes no difference if he has any leaning whatsoever, what he was stating were actual facts..

Actual facts from someone who "works for a German European exchange company" ;-) ..........

You mean like those other Remoaner experts "actual facts" that we would enter a "immediate recession" after the vote? *-) ........

Or......That immediate Punishment Budget.......

Or......The massive job losses.......

Or .....The UK economy crashing >:-) ........

Or......That Brexit would destroy western civilisation (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Remoaner expert predictions are worthless.............but good for a giggle :D ..........

No, wrong again, those were predictions that (as has been pointed out to you a hundred times) were not quite as severe because of a well timed world wide economic boom but we still raced to the bottom. These are facts not predictions which clearly with your deflection you are unable to dispute. Whichever ERG headbanger that takes up the challenge has a week to make summut up but I bet they decline as the games up on Brexit. We just need to raise public awareness of how they are being hoodwinked and I reckon it will all be over.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-08-08 12:26 PM

No, wrong again, those were predictions that (as has been pointed out to you a hundred times) were not quite as severe because of a well timed world wide economic boom but we still raced to the bottom. These are facts not predictions which clearly with your deflection you are unable to dispute. Whichever ERG headbanger that takes up the challenge has a week to make summut up but I bet they decline as the games up on Brexit. We just need to raise public awareness of how they are being hoodwinked and I reckon it will all be over.

Yep they proved to be wrong just as the predictions of your latest pet doom & gloom merchant will prove to be ;-) ............

But you carry on Barry........You only have 233 days left to save western civilisation >:-) ............

On this subject, have a look at this: http://tinyurl.com/yanvjsws which I just stumbled across.

It is entitled "Three blokes in a pub", and one of the blokes is said Jason Hunter. The other two are Graham Hughes and Ciaran Donovan. It's U Tube and it lasts about a hour.

They raise a succession of points on the basis that what they says is factual (most of the time - it is in a pub! :-)).

I don't know how accurate they were being (it is quite recent), but it seems to me that Brexiters need to watch, take notes, and then produce counter facts if they wish to dismiss the points made (or get someone else to go through it and explain, as a matter of fact, why the facts as presented are irrelevant or wrong). To run it, just click on (liveleak,com) at the end of the heading.

I await your further deliberations with interest - though with low expectations. :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-08-08 6:56 PM

On this subject, have a look at this: http://tinyurl.com/yanvjsws which I just stumbled across.

It is entitled "Three blokes in a pub", and one of the blokes is said Jason Hunter. The other two are Graham Hughes and Ciaran Donovan. It's U Tube and it lasts about a hour.

They raise a succession of points on the basis that what they says is factual (most of the time - it is in a pub! :-)).

I don't know how accurate they were being (it is quite recent), but it seems to me that Brexiters need to watch, take notes, and then produce counter facts if they wish to dismiss the points made (or get someone else to go through it and explain, as a matter of fact, why the facts as presented are irrelevant or wrong). To run it, just click on (liveleak,com) at the end of the heading.

I await your further deliberations with interest - though with low expectations. :-D

Oh joy .........an hour of Remoaner whinging *-) ..........

My James O'Brian link took me to that hour long youtube vid Brian but I figured I had little chance of getting the Brexiteers to listen to a few minutes of Jason Hunter on WTO let alone an hour.

Its fingers in the ear and going La La La La cant hear you just like its been for two years really. *-)

pelmetman - 2018-08-08 12:37 PM

Yep they proved to be wrong just as the predictions of your latest pet doom & gloom merchant will prove to be ;-) ............

But you carry on Barry........You only have 233 days left to save western civilisation >:-) ............

They proved to be slightly over estimated Dave because of the economic boom. James Hunter is not predicting anything. He is stating facts which you and so far not one single Brexiteer across our entire social media has had an answer for including you.

Which of the facts he stated do you believe to be untrue?

pelmetman - 2018-08-08 8:38 AM

Nah...... they've just woken up to which side of the fence the majority of their readers sit on :D ..........

I don't read my television - I watch and listen.

Do you have to rely on sub-titles ?

Barryd999 - 2018-08-08 8:13 PM

They proved to be slightly over estimated Dave because of the economic boom. James Hunter is not predicting anything. He is stating facts which you and so far not one single Brexiteer across our entire social media has had an answer for including you.

After 2 years and more of your "facts" its difficult to get too excited about another round of "facts" ... Ive no idea who the fella is , what he predicts etc etc but thats one hell of a claim that "not one single Brexiteer across our entire social media has had an answer" to whatever he predicts because up to press every argument ive seen either way there has always been a counter argument ... Maybe if hes that good that and nobody can flip his claim he should be heading up Brexit

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-08-08 8:28 PM

If that's the case then you've only been fed Remoaner biased news ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-08-09 7:57 AM

If that's the case then you've only been fed Remoaner biased news ;-) ..........

You have obviously missed the point ( no change there then ).

My complaint is that journalists, in general, have now abandoned giving us any real news ( for or against Brexit ) and simply endlessly spout the latest speculation.

( Which then ends up on a link to this forum ! )

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-08-09 8:10 AM

pelmetman - 2018-08-09 7:57 AM

You have obviously missed the point ( no change there then ).

My complaint is that journalists, in general, have now abandoned giving us any real news ( for or against Brexit ) and simply endlessly spout the latest speculation.

( Which then ends up on a link to this forum ! )

Never mind Malc........... Only another 232 days to endure ;-) ..............

I wonder what we'll argue about next? :D ...........

antony1969 - 2018-08-09 6:33 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-08-08 8:13 PM

After 2 years and more of your "facts" its difficult to get too excited about another round of "facts" ... Ive no idea who the fella is , what he predicts etc etc but thats one hell of a claim that "not one single Brexiteer across our entire social media has had an answer" to whatever he predicts because up to press every argument ive seen either way there has always been a counter argument ... Maybe if hes that good that and nobody can flip his claim he should be heading up Brexit

You clearly have not listened to the interview. As stated he wasn't predicting anything but stating facts. You really should have a listen. Many claimed that falling back on WTO rules would be dead easy and of course we tried to dispute that as we learned a bit more about WTO, now we have a real expert explaining it and more with actual facts not speculation or prediction and your hard Brexit you desire so much is going to ruin this country but the Brexiteers are just not prepared to listen.

It was a bold statement saying nobody has challenged what has been said but as far as I can see they haven't and I pick up on most stuff. There are ten pages on Digital Spy (probably more now) about it and not one single Brexiteer challenge.

Maybe it should be people like him running Brexit as the Pollys do not have a clue but let's face it, if it were people like him running the show and putting our country first rather than self preservation and party Brexit would has been abandoned long ago. Really that is what needs to happen now. It just can't be allowed to continue. Sorry about democracy and all that but it's just going to be too damaging.

Barryd999 - 2018-08-08 8:10 PM

My James O'Brian link took me to that hour long youtube vid Brian but I figured I had little chance of getting the Brexiteers to listen to a few minutes of Jason Hunter on WTO let alone an hour.

Its fingers in the ear and going La La La La cant hear you just like its been for two years really. *-)

As both have demonstrated in this string. If a point is made in favour of Brexit, it matters not from where, it is instant good news. If a point is made against Brexit, it matters not from where, it is labelled elitist, project fear, remoaning, the opinion of an unreliable expert, or whatever ad hominem dismissal is handy. What is never done, is to take on the actual point, and present the reasoned counter point that it warrants.

The clip is full of what are claimed to be facts that disprove most of the claims made by the main Brexiters as to how easily trade will flow post Brexit. These facts are detailed, and are made by people who deal on a continuing, regular, basis with trading and dealing across borders both within, and outside, the EU. To the best of my knowledge, none of the Brexit proponents (I'm happy to be proved wrong), have any direct, hands-on, experience of conveying goods across borders either in, or outside, the EU. I'm strongly inclined to take the word of a man with direct experience of how easy something is, over the word of someone who has no such experience but merely issues uncorroborated assurances that it will be easy.

Why is it that he who says "this will not be quick and easy, I know that because it is what I do day in and day out", is not even heard out, while he who says "it will be easy, because I believe it will be" is treated as having gained his information on Mount Sinai? Are we dealing with the pronouncements of the high priests of some cult, or with facts? After all, facts are no more than theories that have become accepted as such because no-one has yet managed to disprove them.

It seems strange that the same folk are prepared to accept without question one line of argument, while refusing to look at an alternative line of argument to see if it offers better prospects. Why do people do that?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-08-09 7:11 PM

To the best of my knowledge, none of the Brexit proponents (I'm happy to be proved wrong), have any direct, hands-on, experience of conveying goods across borders either in, or outside, the EU.

I have hands on experience and never had any problems sending my pouffes abroad ;-) ...........

In fact there was a little more paperwork to send them to Jersey :-| ........

Nothing onerous though........ even a thicko like me managed it :D .........

Brian Kirby - 2018-08-09 7:11 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-08-08 8:10 PM

W

As both have demonstrated in this string. If a point is made in favour of Brexit, it matters not from where, it is instant good news. If a point is made against Brexit, it matters not from where, it is labelled elitist, project fear, remoaning, the opinion of an unreliable expert, or whatever ad hominem dismissal is handy. What is never done, is to take on the actual point, and present the reasoned counter point that it warrants.

The clip is full of what are claimed to be facts that disprove most of the claims made by the main Brexiters as to how easily trade will flow post Brexit. These facts are detailed, and are made by people who deal on a continuing, regular, basis with trading and dealing across borders both within, and outside, the EU. To the best of my knowledge, none of the Brexit proponents (I'm happy to be proved wrong), have any direct, hands-on, experience of conveying goods across borders either in, or outside, the EU. I'm strongly inclined to take the word of a man with direct experience of how easy something is, over the word of someone who has no such experience but merely issues uncorroborated assurances that it will be easy.

Why is it that he who says "this will not be quick and easy, I know that because it is what I do day in and day out", is not even heard out, while he who says "it will be easy, because I believe it will be" is treated as having gained his information on Mount Sinai? Are we dealing with the pronouncements of the high priests of some cult, or with facts? After all, facts are no more than theories that have become accepted as such because no-one has yet managed to disprove them.

It seems strange that the same folk are prepared to accept without question one line of argument, while refusing to look at an alternative line of argument to see if it offers better prospects. Why do people do that?

I think it's quite simple Brian really. Nobody wants to be proved wrong or to look like an idiot or even worse that they were conned or duped. Personally I don't care, I would rather be proved wrong or realise that I was duped or just too dim to understand the implications of something than just be in denial or pretend that all is ok just to save face but then I've never been one that's been bothered about looking like an idiot because I've spent a life time being one half the time.

I'm Brexit obsessed and on a mission to see it stopped and spend far too much time on social media trying to achieve that aim but in doing so one thing is clear, it's predominantly blokes that are still arguing the toss and refusing to back down. Probably 95% at a guess. I think there was a survey some time ago that showed the majority of those that had changed their minds or were open to a second vote were Women. It's become too emotional and important not to lose to many of us blokes. How often to we here the word lose, lost or loser on here?

What I think we should do is ban all blokes from further debate or any second vote, re-engage the girls and let them decide.

Archived